LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0938968650

From: "Martin Hagger" <>
Subject: Spelling of ULLINGER in 1881 census?
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 17:37:30 +0100

Can anyone suggest how ULLINGER might have been spelt in the 1881 census?
Several members of my ULLINGER family were definitely around for the 1881
census, but I cannot find them on the CD's.

I have the birth certificate of Emily Ann ULLINGER, born in 1867 at Mile
End Old Town. Her father Jacob (believed to be of German origin) made his
mark 'X', and was presumably illiterate? I also have Emily Ann ULLINGER's
marriage certificate, at Limehouse in 1888. Her father was 'deceased',
but there were 2 ULLINGER witnesses, Jacob and Ellen. Jacob was
probably Emily Ann's brother, and Ellen was either her sister, or possibly
Jacob's wife?

Either way, there should have been some ULLINGERs around in 1881.

Regards,
Martin Hagger

Ilford, Essex, UK.

This thread: