LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0938993412

From: Geoff Humble <>
Subject: Re: Baker Journeyman
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 09:30:12 +1000

A journeyman was one who had completed his apprenticeship, but was yet to
be granted the title of 'master'. This, I gather, would be granted after
years of experience, and was granted by his peers through a guild or such
like organisation of fellow craftsmen. The main point was that he was now
able to earn his own living on his own, and not be indentured.
Cheers, Geoff