LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939007484

From: Linda Cross <>
Subject: Re: Transcription Error 1881 Census -Thanks
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:24:44 +1000 (GMT+1000)

It was suggested that I look under Sh..., so I typed in William Sh* with
his birth date and ploughed through the hundreds of entries - time
consuming, but well worth it.

Trying Sh seems so obvious now - I was originally thinking in terms of a
transcription error but I suspect it was more likely noted incorrectly by
the census taker.

Linda

Linda Cross wrote:

>> Thankyou so very much for everybody's suggestions regarding my
CHEVALIER
>> family. After many years of searching for a family of brickmakers who
>> have moved from one town to the next, making it impossible to track
them
>> in any census, I have found them listed on the 1881 cd under the name
> SHIVERLEAR.

This thread: