LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939044173

From: "ivytrott" <>
Subject: Lovett or Govett?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:36:13 +0200

Hello Listers - I am still on about my HILL family! My great-grandmother MARTHA SEE married gg ROBERT ARCHIBALD HILL. He was a stationer (his father,of the same name, was a baker). G-g Robert Archibald had been previously married, and we could not make out the bride's name clearly - looked like GOVETT. Emma Ann.

In the 1881 Census I have come across a ROBERT HILL,42, and WILLIAM HILL 40,a goldsmith and a leather striker, cousins of the occupants of 88 Granard Road, Camberwell. Head of the house was GEORGE LOVETT, married to CAROLINE. This is the same area in which my Hill family lived at one time, although just then they were at 68 Compton Street, Clerkenwell. Also in Compton Street, at number 65, was MARY SEE, hed of house, lady's nurse and widow aged 70, who could well have been Martha's aunt! In 1881 my Robert A was 56, and Martha 44.

Do not know if Robert and Emma Ann had any children.

If anybody knows anything about any of these people, would be glad to hear from them. Thank you.
Ivy Trott

This thread: