LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939059808

From: Ian Newman <>
Subject: Re: St Lukes
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 01:56:48 +0800

At 09:14 18-09-99 +1000, wrote:
>Many thanks to all those who advised me about St Lukes including
>Sally,Eve,Juliet,Marina and Frances. What a great list !

Dear Banana Bender Fran,

I missed your original message - was it perchance about St Lukes in
Hackney? If so, I'm trying to find out a bit about that particular rather
elusive church too.

If not, then perhaps the other listers may know something about where the
Hackney St Lukes church disappeared to! It was the church my ggrandparents
were married at in 1898, but I cannot locate it either in present day
Hackney on my A-Z book maps, or on my "Old Ordnance Survey Map" of
Hackney/Homerton dated 1870. Was it built after that, and possibly had a
later altercation with Messrs Hitler & Co? ................ or was it
Martians?

Cheers,

Ian Newman
Perth, Western Australia
starting to warm up a bit, but it's not enough I tell you!

researching:
DACK, (Norfolk?)
FOWLER, (Leytonstone, Middlesex)
HARVERSON, (Lowestoft, [Suffolk])
HAWKEN
JENKIN, (Bodmin/Wadebridge, [Cornwall])
NEWMAN, (Hackney/Shoreditch)
ST.CLAIR (Kinloch Rannoch/Aberdeen/Edinburgh/Scone[Scotland])

This thread: