LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939068986

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: Thames Watermen and Lightermen
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:29:46 +0100

>A recent visit to my Local LDS family History Centre led me to discover their
>newly acquired Cotterills Index of Thames Watermen and Lightermen. I found quite
>a few of my ancestors listed who were waterment at Gravesend. I believe the
>original entries are kept at the Guildhall Library (Ref; MS6291). As I live in
>Australia, it is impossible for me to visit and view these myself. Can anyone
>tell me if they have been filmed at all by the LDS and if so, where on their
>catalogue would I find it. Otherwise, who can I contact to look at the entries
>for me and copy out the relevent information
Why not buy the microfiche indexes from Rob Cottrell, who has put a
great deal of work into them? This encourages people to transcribe and
make original material available, whereas copying out information he has
provided for soemone else does not.
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: