LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939068986

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: Thames Watermen and Lightermen
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:29:46 +0100

>A recent visit to my Local LDS family History Centre led me to discover their
>newly acquired Cotterills Index of Thames Watermen and Lightermen. I found quite
>a few of my ancestors listed who were waterment at Gravesend. I believe the
>original entries are kept at the Guildhall Library (Ref; MS6291). As I live in
>Australia, it is impossible for me to visit and view these myself. Can anyone
>tell me if they have been filmed at all by the LDS and if so, where on their
>catalogue would I find it. Otherwise, who can I contact to look at the entries
>for me and copy out the relevent information
Why not buy the microfiche indexes from Rob Cottrell, who has put a
great deal of work into them? This encourages people to transcribe and
make original material available, whereas copying out information he has
provided for soemone else does not.
--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society