LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939168709

From: Melody Gaunt <>
Subject: Birth Certificate
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 20:11:49 -0400

Hello: Can anyone suggest how I can go about obtaining a Birth Certificate
for the following - (biggest problem is I don't know the place of birth,
although I suspect is it fairly close to the place of marriage):

BERTIE THOMAS BROWN - (apparently he was actually christened as "Bertie")
born Nov. 22, 1897
married Ada Hetty Ennor June 27, 1919 at St. Lukes, Gray's Inn Rd., (think
this is in St. Pancreas?)
died March 26, 1931 and was buried at Finchley Cemetary (think this was in
Kentish Town?)

I actually have a grave number, but have been told the cemetary doesn't
exist any more. If this is the case, would the graves have been relocated?

Any suggestions re: tracking down a birth cert. would be appreciated.

Melody in Keswick, Ontario, Canada

This thread: