LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939175063

From: <>
Subject: Re: re TWO BAPTISMS
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:57:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/99 5:31:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

<< Hello Mary in Maryland,
I have found this in our family also.....and the reason
usually is ,that the first child has died. The parent then named the
next child of the same sex , the same name as that of the child who
died. >>

Hi Mary,

I had the same problem, but doubled. In one of my families there were 14
children, but it was real strange we had two Pamelas and two Henrys out of
the 14. I found out that Pamela 1 died and Henry 1 died and thus the parents
used the names again with there next born male and female.

Jennie
Florida

This thread: