LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939587015

From: "sandra fordham" <>
Subject: Re: WHERE COULD THEY HAVE LIVED?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:23:35 PDT

Re Manor Park Cemetery, otherwise known as City of London
cemetery/crematorium.

I don/t know whether this will help or hinder you, but Manor Park cemetery's
intakes cover a very large area - Walthamstow, Chingford,
Leyton, Leytonstone, and almost anywhere from the eastern (E.?) postal
district of London. So it is possible that Shoreditch could come under it's
coverage.

Hope this is of some help. If you look up:
http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/greenwood

and 'dot' on Imagepicture, you will get some idea of where places are in
relation to each other. A kind soul from Canada told me about it only
yesterday - which could be lucky for you!

Good luck.

If I can be of any other help let me know - I did originally ceome from East
London so might know something.

Just thought: http://www.CyndisList.com/cemetery.htm will get you onto
the Manor Park Cemetery site, but if my memory doesn't fail me, it doesn't
really tell you much.

Once again, good luck.

Sandra - now from night-time Essex, in England.