LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939643458

From: "Mrs Marilyn Dietiker" <>
Subject: Edwards surname
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:04:18 +1000

Hi I am a new subscriber to this list and very new at genealogy. Could
someone please guide me in the right direction re finding birth/baptism
records of my gg grandfather, Edward (Sackville) Edwards b1814-1817 London.
Parents William Edwards (Vet - as in Veterinary Surgeon?) and Alice
Edmead? - difficult to read from photocopy of marriage record 1870 Grafton
NSW. Question?Are there Census records this early? I have searched LDS FHC
and IGI. There he is noted but with scant details. Have requested film from
LDS to give me a lead to Church member who provided details.
Also searching for shipping records to Australia c1837- on Death Certificate
1893 Orara NSW Australia states " 56 years in Colony". Have searched
Archives Office Sydney NSW without luck. How can I find out if he was a
paying passenger or convict?
Many thanks for any help forthcoming.
Also my prayers are with all those who have family members involved in the
terrible Paddington Train disaster.
Marilyn in Sunny Sydney, Australia.