LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939912855

From: John Paul Bradford <>
Subject: Where from here?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:54:15 -0700

Dear Listers,

My Londoners have gone north to Hertfordshire! I have Thomas Bradford
marrying Esther Springham in Sawbridgeworth in 1782. She is from there.
I have here baptism. He is an import from outside the parish. From his
death certificate of 1840, he seems to have been born in 1755 or 1756.
In the nearby parish of Little Hadhem I have found a Thomas Bradford
baptised 1759. This could be him considering the loose use of ages in
the past. Problem is, without parents mentioned on the marriage entry,
how can I know whether this is the man or I should keep looking? I have
not found another marriage for this Thomas of 1759. I'm stuck. Any
advice?

John Paul Bradford
Barrie, Ontario

This thread: