LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0939969834

From: "David Halliday" <>
Subject: New to list - researching FAULKNER
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:43:54 +1000

I've been enjoying the traffic on this list for a week now and would like to register my interest in FAULKNER (my wife's family).

In particular, we are looking for more data on a William and Sophia Celia FAULKNER.
They had a son Thomas in April 1854, in Brighton. However, they were not in living in that town in either the 1851 or 1861 census (what's the plural of census?? censi doesn't look right!).

There is anecdotal family evidence to suggest that at least William may still have been alive in 1892.

I have checked the IGI fiche records for all the home counties for the 1881 census and found two couples William/Sophia and only 4 other Williams who were widowers of an age to fit the son's 1854 birth. Of this lot, the most likely suspects are a William/Sophia who lived in Hackney (50 Percy Terrace). William's birthplace was given as Barking and Sophia's as Hackney.

Would any lister know anything about this couple please.

I should add that we have arranged to get Thomas's birth certificate which will tell us a lot - but we are on a tight timetable, trying to get a nicely presented Tree together in time for father-in-law's 80th at the end of this month. Any help therefore will make an old man very happy!

Regards

David Halliday
Bellingen NSW Oz
(p.s. This note has also been posted to the Middlesex list)

This thread: