LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940101343

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: OSBORN,ATTWOOD, MONK,&TILER
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:15:43 +0100

>Though I am descended from a line of John Osborns (Curriers), I've not
>been able to connect to this family. Can anyone help me? How much
>would it cost to have a commercial Arms done? Does anyone connect with
>these names?
There are a lot of these arms peddlers around -always were, probably
always will be, selling cheapo coats of arms to anybody, in shopping
malls and stations. Doesn't make them legal, Could be regarded as
harmless fun, except that informed people tend to laugh at the people
who buy, and fun could turn to misery.
--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society