LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940164694

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: Kindred Spirits?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:51:34 +0100

Hi Karen,
I found Kindred Konnections before I found this list. I found it
particularly useful for one branch of my family. I have not received the
e-mail from them.
I have never paid them anything, as they offer an hour's free research in
exchange for transcribing a list of names for them. It is not particularly
arduous, and does seem to exceed about 18 names at most, sometiomes as few
as 5 or 6, taking a few minutes. You can store up hours for the future, too.
My only grumble would be that most of the entries are USA based or
submitted. The trees I downloaded i have subsequently verified myself and
were substantially accurate.
Why not try it for yourself - I have no shares, interest on connection with
whoever runs it, but speak as I found it.
Cheers

John Henley (if it bounces try again, trouble with ISP, I am still here:-) ]
You could also try reaching me at
researching
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [Staffs/Cambs/Berks]