LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940283960

From: "sharon chubb" <>
Subject: Fw: Re Chubb, Camberwell London
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:59:20 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: sharon chubb
Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 10:57 PM
Subject: Re Chubb, Camberwell London

I have to share this with you, I have had a reply from somebody that actually knew of my missing Chubbs in London..
The connection is that this person new a Sid chubb , well I knew that my grandfather had a brother called Sid but that was about it anyway after printing off the e-mail and a phone call to my parents I`ve managed to establish a few more facts.

My grandfather Leonard Horace Chubb owned a fish and chip shop in Camberwell London Called Sea Breeze Fish bar
His brother Sid also owned a Fish bar called Neptunes on the New Kent Road, Sid was married to Win and had a son also called Sid. (this is the Sid that somebody recognised)
I have also found out that another of my Granfathers Brothers was a managing Director of RESTWELL PRAMS or RESSWELL
PRAMS in Camberwell. His name was Bob

My Grandfathers father was a Master Baker in Camberwell although we dont know his name we think his wife was Queenie.

Also my grandfather had a few other brothers ;
William (bill) married Gladys had two girls Anne & Carole
Albert (bert) married Rose had two boys
Bob
Sid & Queenie had son Sid (keen cycler & motorbike fanatic)
Jack (john) married Lil

and some sisters.
Violet
Dinky
Reenie
Rose

please if anybody has any information re any of the above please let me know..
many thanks sorry its so long but I have only just found most of this out..
Sharon Chubb

This thread: