LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940406080

From: "David Halliday" <>
Subject: Re: More research on FAULKNER plus BARNARD (John Henley replied)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:54:40 +1000

Hi John,

Thanks for your note - yes we realised that the St. C's index was our next
step. We've actually just got in from visiting our local LDS (which is so
small it only gets to borrow the St. C's films on a rotational basis - it
currently has "births").

We were just reconciling ourselves to looking at the main Genealogy centres
in Sydney or Melbourne on our next trip from the bush, when lo and behold,
three different replies from listers on the Middlesex and Sussex Lists
suddenly gave us what we needed and catapulted us back three more
generations in 20 seconds!!

As for Somerset House - "been there done that" back in the early 60's!!

To all other subscribers - yes, you can get real lucky occasionally - and
boy, does it feel good.

Thanks

David and Pat Halliday
Bellingen NSW Oz