LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940447320

From: "Bonnie Exell" <>
Subject: PIPER surname
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:22:00 -0300

Greetings Listers!

Due to the wonderful help I have received on this list I have just discovered that my great great grandfather Israel SMITH (born ca. 1850 in Mere, Wiltshire) served in the Coldstream Guards from 1868-1889. Can anyone recommend a book or address where I can write to get more information on the Coldstream Guards - particularly what their role was while they were stationed in London in 1876. My great grandmother Mary Ann SMITH, the family legend goes, was born in one of Victoria's castles. I'd like to prove this true!

Bonnie M. EXELL
Bonnie M. Exell, MSW
Counsellor, The Bermuda College
Phone: 441-236-9000 ext. 4392