LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940493201

From: Edwin Reffell <>
Subject: Streatham, S.W.Surrey
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:06:41 +0200

Hello,
My greatgrandfather Edwin REFFELL, 1827-1895 gave his address as "96
Sunny Hill Road, Streatham, S.W. Surrey" in his will written on Dec.5th
1895. He died on Dec.30th 1895. His wife had died a few years earlier.
Would he be in any of the censuses? If so would sks please let me know
who else lived there. I am beginning to believe that my greatgrandfather
moved to Streatham from Horton (near Heathrow Airport) and that my
grandfather Herbert William lived in Streatham before he moved to
Downton, Wilts. and not as I have believed up until recently in Horton
before he moved to Streatham. Grandfather must have moved to Downton
after 1914 as my father remembered his childhood in Streatham. Perhaps
grandfather was born in Streatham around 1850 or 1865 (I have the date
at home). Greatgrandfather and his wife are both buried in Horton. Is
everyone listed in the censuses?
I wonder too if the house was called "Aberdeen House" which I have seen
in some document and if the house at 96 Sunnhill Road still exists.
With best wishes,
Edwin Reffell, now Stockholm, Sweden

This thread: