LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940511492

From: <>
Subject: Writing to living relis , word of warning
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:11:32 EDT

There was a recent e mail on one of my lists about writing to people with a
certain surname in a certain town . I wrote to all people called ,
STEVENSON,STEPHENSON,GREEN,THOMAS,FRY and BELL in Middlesbrough , including
an International Reply Coupon . I sent out over 150 letters and i only
received 25 replies , none of which were related at all . It was a huge waste
of money . My advice is try and talk to old relatives , who may remember some
distant relatives who may be still alive and go from there . I have learnt a
huge lesson . Most of my letters probably ended up in the trash . Thats it
for now .
Will

This thread: