LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940564241

From: Char-Lou Dinger <>
Subject: Re: LONDON CITY DIRECTORIES 1700-1830 ON INTERNET?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:50:41 -0700

>Are there any City Directories of London, during the period 1700 to
>1830, available on the internet?
>
>Regards,
>John Williams

I have used the Ancestry.com Biography Database 1680-1830. If you go to
www.ancestry.com and select the full list of databases, you'll be able to
locate it. The database includes both US and UK entries from directories,
subscription lists, and sources such as the Gentleman's Magazine.
Unfortunately, it is no longer a free database so you will have to
subscribe if you want to view the results of your search. I was able to
find my ancestor Nathan WETHERELL, currier and leather dresser, of London
at 94 Wardour Street, Soho from 1779 to 1790. Good luck.

Char-Lou Dinger
San Diego, CA

This thread: