LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940615898

From: "Penny Mansfield" <>
Subject: Re: Writing to living relatives
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:11:38 +0100

Hi Will,

It is disheartening when you send out so many letters and only
get so few replies. All I can say is don't give up.

In August I wrote 90 letters to all the SMALLBONES in London and
Middlesex, all the BALDREYS in London and Middlesex.

I only got 18 replies, but one of those 18 was from my second cousing.
His grandfather and my grandfather were brothers. I now have a whole raft
of relatives in New Zealand, Australia, Oxford and Middlesex. It is so
interesting writing to them and getting letters from them. We are planning
to see some of them in New Zealand nex year.

I am still getting replies even now. So please don't give up.

Kind Regards,

Penny

Living in Halifax, West Yorkshire but a born and bred scouser.

This thread: