LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940733692

From: "D & K Angus" <>
Subject: BENNETTON - How do I find
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 19:54:52 -0700

Hello to all

This may be a silly question but I would like to obtain the death cert. of
my G-grandfather James Eagle BENNETTON. He was born 1845 in Saddlebow,
Norfolk. The family lived on Church Road in Mitchum in 1881, and on Reform
Place in Merton in 1900. The family was very transient I believe as their
first five children were born in four different places from Bromley to
Islington to Norwich and back to Mitchum.

My G-grandmother Annie ( ? ) BENNETTON died in 1924 and is buried with their
son James somewhere in London but James Eagle is not mentioned on the
headstone. I have no idea if there are others buried in the grave beyond
the two names on the marker. I have a photo of the headstone circa 1940s
but I have no idea which cemetery the grave is in to date as I would like to
inquire as to who else may be interred in the grave.

How do I go about acquiring James Eagle BENNETTON's death cert. when I don't
have a clue as to where or when he died.

Best Regards
Don in Richmond, BC, Canada

This thread: