LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940756994

From: "Barbara Mallyon" <>
Subject: Re: John SAUL: Chelsea Pensioner
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:23:14 +0100

Hi Cecilia and All,

Three Chelsea Pensioners were staying at "Coach Makers Arms",
North Street, Guildford, Surrey when the 1881 Census was taken
they were :-

William Cadey age 40 years from Melton, Suffolk unmarried, visitor.
William Dyer age 60 years from Merrow, Guildford, widow, visitor.
George Whittle age 76 years from Castle Camps, Cambridge widow
visitor.

Also a young lad William Clarinbold age 19 years from Deal, Kent
unmarried Bricklayers Labourer.

Sorry I did not have your John Saul.

Regards

Barbara Mallyon