LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940771083

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: Southwark Cathedral
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 14:18:03 +0100

Hi Sylvia,
The Act of Parliament creating Southwark Diocese was passed in 1904 and came
into effect in 1905, when the Collegiate Church of St.Saviour with St.Mary
Overie became the cathedral.
The earlier records are indexed on the IGI, so possibly the lare ones are
microfilmed and available through your LDS Family Hist.Centre. The records
are deposited at the London Metropolitan Archive.
The marriage registers will also be held by Southwark register Office, and
certificates obtainable from there or the GRO ONS in the usual way.
HTH
Cheers

John Henley
researching
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [Staffs/Cambs/Berks]