LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940837105

From: kayler <>
Subject: Re: Finding 1881 Census addresses - Is there a easy way?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:38:25 +1000

Hello Adrian
The easiest way I have devised to find a street in the 1881 Census is to
leave the name fields blank, go to Census Place and enter the
District(eg: Battersea} or Town in the field (City /Town). Thousands of
names will come up, then scroll through the top half of the divided
screen, and look at the lower part of the screen until you find the
street name you are looking for rather than a surname. Once you find a
family living in that street, click on to neighboours and find the
number you want.

Heather Prins...Brisbane,Australia

This thread: