LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0940859493

From: "Brian BROOKS" <>
Subject: RE: Southwark Cathedral
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:51:33 +0100

Southwark Cathedral is The Cathedral Church of St Saviour and St Mary
Overie. The church of St Mary Overie was built in the 13th century. After
the reformation it became the parish church of St Saviour, Southwark and
later was generally known as St Saviours. In 1905 it became the Cathedral
church of the diocese of Southwark.

Marrige registers for St Saviours from 1539 to 1923 are held at the London
Metropolitan Archives, 40 Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HB (Tel.
0171-3323820).

Hope this helps,

Brian Brooks

Researching:
Clark, Maslin, Shea (Midlesex); Brooks, Clark, Ferns, Moore, Shea (Surrey);
Stamp, Riddle (Herts); Wilson (Hereford);
Carter (Salop); Brooks, Becquet (Channel Isles); Buckley, McCarthy
(Monmouth)

This thread: