LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941141665

From: "Paul Edward Garner-Richards" <>
Subject: [London] Re: Villette and Blake
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:14:25 +0100

Hello

My grandmother Nina Villette Blake was born in 1913 in Surrey. She married
my grandfather Edward Tyrrell Garner-Richards in 1935 in Isleworth, London.
Her father Charles William Blake was born in 1882 but I am not sure where.
The name on my grandmother's birth certificate is Nina Villette Blake but
she was christened Nina Violet Blake because the vicar didn't think that
Villette was her proper name. I never met my grandmother and we know little
of her family as she didn't speak about them much. The Villette comes from
a Comte de Villette who fled France during the French Revolution to Devon or
Cornwall where he married a local girl and took her surname of Blake. I
would be grateful for any information on Blake family or Villette family.

Thanks
Paul