LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941209447

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: SPRINGETT family
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:04:07 +0100

>Sarah SPRINGETT m Barnabas HONNIBALL date unknown but they had at least one son
>Henry, born in Copford, Essex in 1858. For
>some reason Sarah's name is spelt HONEYBALL along with Henrys.
>
>I cant find them in the 1881 census but there is an entry for a Sarah & Barnabas
>HONYBALL. Unfortunately I dont think they
>can be mine as there's young step children by the name of KING with them and I
>cant see where they'd fit in.
you don't get many Barnabas Honeyballs to the pound - I think this one
should be considered. It is possible Sarah I had died and he remarried
Sarah 2 (ex Mrs king). Men often stuck to the same named-wife. It saved
changing 'Maggie, where's me supper?' to 'Alice, where's me supper?'

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: