LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941226258

From: Jim Turner <>
Subject: SHIP PASSENGER LISTS FROM AMERICA
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:44:18 -0700

I have an American ggggranmother, CATHERINE LOUISA LIVINGSTON, born New
York 1808. She married WILLIAM WARD in London in 1832. There were 5
other Livingstons as witnesses at the wedding, presumably some of her
family :- Eliza, HB, Eliza, J and JH.

I am stuck on tracing KatherineĀ“s family in New York, despite quite
extensive research on the internet. This must have been quite a large
wedding party to come over from the USA, unless some or all of them were
already resident in England. Does anyone know of a web site that has
passenger lists of ships from New York to presumably Liverpool or
Southampton in 1832. Just thought they probably returned after the
wedding so I would need to look at ships from an English port to NY as
well.

Jim Livingston Turner, in sunny Spain.

This thread: