LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941271410

From: "The Yard Barber" <>
Subject: St Stephen's Canonbury & St John the Baptist
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 18:16:50 +1000

Hello Everyone,

I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with:-

1. I have received a marriage certificate stating that the Marriage was at St Stephen's Canonbury in the Parish of St Mary Islington in the county of Middlesex. After searching the 1891 Census for the address on the marriage certificate I have found that they no longer live there. The 1891 Census seems to split Islington into four areas, Upper Holloway, Islington South West, Islington South East and Highbury. The question is can someone tell me what area is St Mary Islington in?????

2. Another marriage I have found on the IGI, states it was held in Shoreditch, Saint John the Baptist, London. Can someone tell me what religion is this church??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Debra Ellis
Researching: BUTLER, ANDREW, SKIPP, EVANS, DREWERY, SPRING, FARR, FARRER

This thread: