LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941272022

From: "Jennette" <>
Subject: Fw: BEHN, ARNOLD
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 18:27:02 +1000

Hello. I'm new to the list. My name is Jennette JENKIN, I live in Southern Queensland, Australia. I am currently at home with 4 children. My genealogical interests include my and my husband's family history. I have a g-uncle Denis in Dorset, England who is giving me a hand with this venture. He wrote to his brother Gilbert in New Zealand and received the following information:

Lilian Edith BEHN b. cir 1884 - maybe in Jersey, Channel Islands. Lilian married Joseph Henry ARNOLD b.Nov. 20th, 1886 in Le Truchot, St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands. Lilian's mother, unknown, lived at Witham befor she died. Her father's name was Wilhelm BEHN. At the time of Lilian's passing, there was a write-up in the local paper pointing out that she was the ggrandaughter of the Lord & Lady who were in attendence to the new King George who came over to England to take up the throne. He was the Electorate of Hanover. They are supposedly buried in Westminster Abbey. He was the Equarry and she was the Lady in waiting to the Queen. It's said that they are buried in 'Poets Corner' - Lord & Lady BEHN. Gilbert, my g-uncle, remembers clearly that when his mother's sister visited they ignored his father and pointed out that his mother had married beneath herself.

Can SKS tell me what steps I can take to substantiate these claims?

Thankyou. Jennette JENKIN nee ARNOLD.

This thread: