LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941308474

From: "Jill Verran" <>
Subject: Re: Nunhead Cemetary Records
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 19:34:34 +0100

Come off it, Sylvia, Nunhead is a wonderful place! I was delighted to meet
my great-grandfather there! - and so pleased to find a really legible
inscription on his grave.

Seriously, you make a sensible point. The cemetery records in the 'little
room' are priceless, as I believe its true that they have not been indexed
or copied - and they are literally falling to pieces. If ever a grant was
needed to allow them to be re-bound and properly stored somewhere secure,
then the time is now. Goodness knows what to do about the problem, but
surely LMA or some similar repository should take them in and render some
TLC.

Also, Friends of Nunhead do a good job, but they cannot begin to read all
the MIs which will soon be totally lost.

Problems, problems :-(