LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941360780

From: "Linda Taylor" <>
Subject: [London] Re: How do I find brothers/sisters?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:06:20 -0000

Hello Sandra,

There may be others more knowledgeable, but I think the only way is to look
through the Births Index books at the FRC in London (or fiche/film locally)
and note anyone with the correct surname in a likely area. If its "Fordham"
you are looking for, you will probably be able to narrow it down a little
more than I could with my "Smiths"!

One help is that sometime after 1910 they Index started to show mother's
maiden name - easy peasy then!

Happy hunting

Linda

From: sandra fordham <>
Subject: How do I find brothers/sisters?

>His father, born 1910, had brothers and sisters - we think four or five in
>total.
>
>FiL is no longer with us, MiL wont say; so how do we find out exactly who
>his brothers and sisters were?

This thread: