LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0941366751

From: "Marjorie Palin Cameron" <>
Subject: [London] The Times
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:45:51 +1100

Would there be a Melbournian who could tell me where I could go in our city to read early nineteen century copies of the times. I may find my first skeleton if I could do so.

We welcomed home today a lad who has just turned 18 (Jesse Martin) who left here in December last year and who has circumnavigated the globe in a small sailing boat becoming the youngest person in the world to do so unassisted, unacompanied and nonstop. A wonderful effort for a lovely non assuming boy. He hasn't been able to shower and has not walked in those 11 months. His U.K ancestors would be proud of him.

Marjorie

This thread: