LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-11 > 0943637669

From: Andy Furlong <>
Subject: MAJOR NOEL FURLONG
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:34:29 +0000

Hello to all

I am going to ask everyone to help me - I need to find out some
information about Noel Charles Bell FURLONG; his son Frank FURLONG went
to Harrow School before leaving to join the 9th Lancers and, some time
after that, ride the 1935 Grand National winner, Reynoldstown. Frank
sadly died in an air accident in London during the war.

Noel lived in Skeffington Hall, Leicestershire, where I'm sure he lived
very comfortably. He did, however, come over from Ireland where he began
a career as a Corn merchant, as did his father. He married the daughter
of Albert ST JOHN MURPHY, who was chairman of MURPHY's Brewery in County
Cork. They married at Marylebone in London - no doubt a society wedding.

Here's the hard bit. Does anyone have information about Noel? He was at
Military College in Sandhurst, as was his son, I believe.

If you can help - you'll definitely go to heaven!

Andy FURLONG

This thread: