LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-11 > 0943825290

From: "Dell Maw" <>
Subject: Re: Blue Baby?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:41:30 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: Munroe <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 1999 2:07 PM
Subject: Blue Baby?

> Does anyone out there know what the term, BLUE BABY means in terms of the
> death of a new born?
>
> Thanks
> Marjorie Munroe

> To do a search of the London Archives go to
> http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl

I believe this condition is caused by two parents having RH negative blood
types (whatever that means). At least one of the children will be born with
this condition not neccesarily the first.
In my family it was the fourth child of my sister and the baby had to have a
complete
blood transfusion. She is now 27 years old. But I remember talk in my
childhood (many moons ago) of babies dying because of it. Maybe there are
degrees of the condition - because it is the blood it will naturally effect
heart and lung. That is why we breathe in air to add oxygen to our blood.
Lack of oxygen to our system will damage heart and lung.
Hope that helps.
Dell
Qld.

This thread: