LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-02 > 0950203310

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: Burial in Iraq in 1866
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:21:50 +0000

>Does anyone know where I might find records of a burial in Amarah (or Khat
>Amarah) or possibly in Baghdad or somewhere between the two, in Iraq in
>1866?

If it was a British person, it should have been regsitered with the
consul and be in Consular returns. These are at the end of a full set
of GRO indexes if the person was English or Welsh or in the Scottish
indexes for a person dying 'furth of Scotland'/

I am not sure if Baghdad comes within the orbit of BACSA -British
(Assoc?) for Cemeteries in Southern Asia - but if so, they might have
copied any monumental inscription.

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society