LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-02 > 0951708582

From: "Zoe Archer" <>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 22:29:42 -0500

Hi Nick,

If this is all you have you will have to start by obtaining the birth
certificate for your dad, this will give you his parents names. Once you
have his parents
names you can search for their marriage and births by checking the GRO
indexes and ordering their certificates. The GRO indexes will be your best
friend while you search back the next 100 years. Once you find someone
living in 1881 you will be able to check the nationally indexed 1881 census.

Meanwhile, here is a handy URL for info on certificates:

Also check out the Genuki website which has a wealth of info:

Happy hunting,
Zoe Archer

----- Original Message -----
From: BIGGS <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 4:06 PM

> Hi,
> I'm new to the list.
> I have joined after not having any luck on the Glamorgan List.
> I am trying to trace my families tree.
> I know my dad was born in Greenwich,London Simon John Leslie Biggs
Christmas day 1950.
> Can any one give me a start.
> Thanks,
> Nick Biggs.
> ==== LONDON Mailing List ====
> Surrey Home Page is at:

This thread: