LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-04 > 0954920330

From: "Arturo Shaw" <>
Subject: RE: Engineers
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:38:50 +0200

Thank you very much to all those people who answered or sent comments to my
mail on
engineers.

I am not sending direct e-mails because the most important information I got
was already sent to the list.

As conclusion let me say that "Military" engineers are to be searched at PRO
(KEW),
and "civilian" engineers at the institutions corresponding with their
specialization like
http://www.imeche.org.uk/ (mechanical) http://www.ice.org.uk/ ,etc.

I did it and they found for me the admission of my GGGFather Duncan Shaw
into the
Institution of Mechanical Engineers as Member in 1864.

Librarians and archivists are so nice people...

It seems to me that Corps of Royal Engineers having a museum does not have
yet any e-mail
address where to send this sort of requests.

Many thanks

Arturo Shaw