LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-05 > 0958423598

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] 1881 Census Occupation - H.M.C.S. Post Office Overseer
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:46:38 +0100

In message <>, Helen
<> writes
>Hi Listers
>
>Occupation of my GG-Grandfather on 1881 Census is
>
> H.M.C.S. Post Office Overseer

Her Majesty's Civil Service - and he was in charge of a section of the
post office, whether sorting, counter clerks, postmen etc is uncertain.
There are records held mby Post Office Archives, Freeling House, 23
Glasshill St, London SE1 0BQ (that is, if they are still there, since i
am sure i saw a rumopur that they were moving