LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-06 > 0961363831

From: "Alan Long" <>
Subject: [Lon] Latin translation please
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:30:31 +0100

Dear Listers

can someone solve this for us please, we have come across entries in parish register which are written in Latin for a number of years

May 19 1699 Anne d of Elizabeth Brasier wid. jur. Anna Potter bur

Dec 23 1699 Anne d of Thomas Brasier & Anne jurata. Anna Potter bur.
1694 entry reads "recepi certificat" would this have been some form of death certificate ?
as it is the Anna Potter we are interested in, can someone tell us what jur. jurat. or jurata means please...........
thanks in advance
Alan

This thread: