LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-07 > 0963090257

From: Liz <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Help please
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 22:04:17 +0100

maryandphil50 wrote:

> Does anyone on this list know of the 'Hugh Myddelton' school in Central
> Finsbury?
> My father was there in 1914 and I would like to know if it still exists
> or if records would be kept anywhere?
>
> Many thanks for the help I've been given by the list in the past.

The only Hugh Myddleton School I know is right next door to the Family
Records Centre in London!

The buildings are quite modern, tho' I recollect from living in Essex
Market in the 60s that the school was then an old Victorian Building.

But this area is Islington ( I think) so may not be the same one. Try
the phone book for an address and write the headmaster .. I have always
found schools to be very helpful and interested in their old pupils.

Liz (Greenwich UK)

This thread: