LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-07 > 0963141185

Subject: Re: [Lon] Help please
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 07:13:05 EDT

writes:

<<
The only Hugh Myddleton School I know is right next door to the Family
Records Centre in London!

The buildings are quite modern, tho' I recollect from living in Essex
Market in the 60s that the school was then an old Victorian Building.

But this area is Islington ( I think) so may not be the same one. Try
the phone book for an address and write the headmaster .. I have always
found schools to be very helpful and interested in their old pupils.

I think that Liz will be correct in the location as looking out of the window
from the Family Record Centre I saw an old sign that reads Finsbury Town Hall
on a building opposite - so it must have been the centre of Finsbury at one
time.

Jack Wills.

This thread: