LONDON-L ArchivesArchiver > LONDON > 2000-07 > 0963265024
From: "Audrea Frizell" <>
Subject: [Lon] non Gen: The Twelve Commandments
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:37:04 -0700
I thought the List would enjoy this.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR NAMES:
(1). Thou shalt name your male children: James, John,
Joseph, Josiah, Abel, Richard, Thomas, William
(2) Thou shalt name your female children: Elizabeth, Mary,
Martha, Maria, Sarah, Ida, Virginia, May
(3) Thou shalt leave NO trace of your female children.
(4) Thou shalt, after naming your children from the above
them by strange nicknames such as: Ike, Eli, Polly, Dolly,
Sukey ---making them difficult to trace.
(5) Thou shalt NOT use any middle names on any legal
documents or census reports, and only where necessary, you
may use only initials on legal documents.
(6) Thou shalt learn to sign all documents illegibly so that
your surname can be spelled, or misspelled, in various ways:
Hicks, Hicks, Hix, Hixe, Hucks, Kicks
(7) Thou shalt, after no more then 3 generations, make sure
family records are lost, misplaced, burned in a court house
fire, or buried so that NO future trace of them can be
(8) Thou shalt propagate misleading legends, rumors, & vague
innuendo regarding your place origination
(A) you may have come from : England, Ireland, Scotland,
(B) you may have American Indian ancestry of the ______
(C) You may have descended from one of three brothers that
(9) Thou shalt leave NO cemetery records, or headstones with
(10) Thou shalt leave NO family Bible with records of birth,
marriages, or deaths.
(11) Thou shalt ALWAYS flip thy name around. If born James
Albert, thou must make all the rest of thy records in the
names of Albert, AJ, JA, AL, Bert, Bart, or Alfred.
(12) Thou must also flip thy parent's names when making
them, although "Unknown" or a blank line is an acceptable