LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-10 > 0970765665

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Census Look-ups
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:07:45 +0100

In message <001201c02ec9$0237f620$>, Tony Mitchell

>If a person's name and an area of London is given, there is more chance of
>assistance. For several areas of London there are census indexes prepared by
>family history societies, local history societies, etc. Someone may be
>willing to search these.

This applies mainly to 1851, and most of the indexes are for surname and
folio number only. I think the LDS have bought most of these indexes,
which can then be used in combination with the actual census

Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: