LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-10 > 0971022689

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Abney Park Burial - Social Standing?
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:31:29 +0100

>My great Grandparents George Thomas and Ann REDWOOD, are buried in Abney
>Park. One in 1890 and the other in 1922.

>The question to which I should like an answer, is did burial in Abney
>Park have any element of social or economic standing.

>on this.

It was a private cemetery and fairly expensive, so they must have been
comfortably placed to be buried there. Should be a will or two.

In the early days, Methodists and Independents (who could afford it)
chose to go there rather than any church graveyard.

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: