LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2000-10 > 0972730429

From: "Garforth" <>
Subject: [Lon] 1871 census lookup Poplar area
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:53:49 +0800

I wonder if there is someone with access to the 1871 census for Poplar who could look up the following family for me, please.

Thomas Smith born Scarborough, Yorkshire aged 48
Isabella Smith born Scarborough, Yorkshire aged about 50
Ann born Rotherhithe, Surrey aged 20
Jane born Hartlepool, Durham aged 20 not twins
William born Poplar aged 12

May be more children between Jane and William.

Another daughter, Mary Isabella married in 1865 to Robert Merralls and may also be living in either Poplar, Bromley or Stepney.

These are my g-g-grandparents. Thomas was a shipwright, would Hartlepool, Poplar, Scarborough and Rotherhithe be areas that a shipwright would work??
Many thanks,
Vivienne Garforth
Perth, Western Australia

This thread: