LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2001-06 > 0993426300

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] CUNDELL - Stepney
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:45:00 +0100

>would SKS have access to any parish records that may throw light on the
>birth of my g-g-g-grandfather.
>
>On the IGI there is a William CUNDELL, ch. 19 Nov 1827, St. Mary
>Whitechapel, Stepney, London.
>His parents are shown as John Cundell and Jane.
>
>I desperately need to try to confirm if this is MY William, and so would
>like to know if there are any other details noted regarding his parents,
>John and Jane.
The only detail you would get as well in the parish register of this
date is the occupation of the father and, with luck, a street address
(which would not help much, since there is no searchable census till
1841)
If you know about other siblings, then you probably have the occupatioon
already, which will tell you why he was in London (building worker,
sailor, merchant etc)

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society