LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1017687064

From: Chris Roberts <>
Subject: [Lon] Ordering a Will copy from Overseas
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 13:51:04 -0500

I am about to order a will for my g-grandfather who died in London in 1933
and require a little extra information. (I did find it registered in the
probate registry while in Britain last year).

I have the address--York Probate Registry, Dumcombe Place, York, YOl 2EA,
UK) but I need to know two more things : the official name to be entered on
the postal money order that I am sending with my request, and whether the 6
pound fee includes return postage to Canada.

If anyone has had experience recently with ordering the copy of a will from
overseas, and has time to assist me with this information, I would be
grateful.

Thank you,
Chris in Newmarket, Ontario

This thread: