LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1017866151

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: [Lon] Clerkenwell workhouse 1864
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:35:51 +0100

In message <002301c1d8ea$2edd81a0$>, neil maryan
<> writes
>Hi,
> Do any subscribers know where the records are kept, one of my ancestors Mary
>ELBOURN had a son born in the workhouse at Farringdon Rd Clerkenwell Jan 1864.
Curiously, it says the Clerkenwell Union was only formed in 1868, and
was formerly part of Holborn.The wrokhouse was City Rd (near enough,
perhaps to have an annexe) and the registers from 1860 are at the London
Metropolitan Archives.

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society